Report Manager is an ASP.NET application that you can use to manage content and operations on a report server instance or it is a Web-based report access and management tool that we use to administer a single report server instance from a remote location over an HTTP connection.
You can also use Report Manager for its report viewer and navigation features and manage access of the reports.
We can use Report Manager to perform the following tasks:
· View and Access a report and render it in different output forms i.e. PDF, Excel or Csv, search, print, and subscribe to reports.
· Create, secure, and maintain the folder hierarchy to organize items on the server.
· Configure role-based security that determines access to items and their operations.
· Configure report execution properties, report history, and report parameters.
· Create report models that connect to and retrieve data from a Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services data source or from a SQL Server relational data source.
· Set model item security to allow access to specific entities in the model, or map entities to predefined click through reports that you create in advance.
· Create shared schedules and shared data sources to make schedules and data source connections more manageable.
· Create standard subscription and data-driven subscriptions that roll out reports to a large recipient list.
· Create linked reports to reuse and repurpose an existing report in different ways.
· Create a caching copy of the report to get data fast on the report for slow running reports
· Launch Report Builder to create reports that you can save and run on the report server.
For Report deployment on report manager goes through below link:
For report manager configurations settings, go through below link: